Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Weekend Visit: My Family

This weekend my family came to visit us for three days. They arrived Friday night and left Monday afternoon. I loved having them here, which made me realize that I like having guests. We've never had guests before, as we had no where for them to sleep in our old place! Now that we do, I hope to have guests more often. Now that they're gone, the house feels empty, and I'm having some emotional days. I knew it was going to be hard to say goodbye to them again and I wasn't prepared for the aftermath. Now that they're gone the house feels empty and I'm going to be stuck at home for awhile until we get a new car. We took one of our cars with us from Miami, my 1998 Saturn which is at the end of it's days. I don't want to drive it unless I have to, hopefully we'll be able to start looking this weekend for a replacement.

Anyhow, I wanted to share some pictures. My mom's birthday is October 2nd, so in a way, my parents came to celebrate her birthday with me. I made her a birthday cake and a home-cooked meal.

Here's my Mom and I in front of her cake!


Me with my parents and my brother




The BEST chocolate cake I have ever made. I got the recipe from Good Things Catered. Everyone loved it so much that now my Dad, husband, and brother want me to make it for their birthday's!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment