Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Recipe: Banana Bread!

My mom has been making banana bread since I was a kid and I had a craving for it this weekend. I called my mom to have her read the recipe to me over the phone but she couldn't find it. :( So, I went online to search for the perfect one.

- 4-5 mashed bananas (I only used two)
- 1 cup sugar (I used a little less)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C) and grease your loaf pan.

2. Take a large bowl and add sugar, shortening (or oil), and eggs. Mix for a while and then add mashed bananas and mix some more. OK, now add all the dry ingredients - flour, salt, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda and mix some more. You should get a nice and very thick batter.

3. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for around one hour. When you stick a toothpick in your banana bread and it comes out clean, you are finished. Leave it to cool for a few minutes and - eat! :)



My banana bread was done after about 45 minutes. I let it cool for a little bit, then cut a slice for my husband and I and spread a little butter over the top! Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment