Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Updates: Sleeper Couch!!

Several house updates were completed this weekend. Scones were hung up in the dining room, more fall decor was purchased, a set of frames was hung (more on these updates in a later post), and...our sleeper couch arrived!!!

I was waiting all day for the delivery truck to show up on Friday. Of course I was given a time window between the hours 12-5. I just knew it was going to come at around 5:00. I was sitting on the floor of the guest bedroom talking to my mom when an unmarked truck stopped in front of our building. I jumped up to wake up Sergio (who was taking a study break, napping in our room).

Here's how the room looked without the couch.



Big, empty wall....



Now filled by a beautiful couch!!





Here's a close up of the ottoman.



And the matching chair that came with the set. It's in our bedroom.



I'm in love! I LOVE the couch, so much that I wish we had a TV in there so I could hang out on the couch! It is sooo soft and cozy and I absoutely love the color. I didn't think it would go so well with the rest of the room but it really does. It's also the perfect size, any bigger would have been too much.

We tried out the mattress that came with the sofa and it's pretty good. I think my parents will be more than happy. :)

Now that we have the couch, the wall behind it looks even more naked. So you know what that means...I'll soon be cruising the stores looking for something to fill up that wall!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to get things in that you love? That is the problem with decorating though, one thing always leads to another!

    ReplyDelete