Saturday, September 5, 2009

Today's Spotlight: The Dining Room

Our old apartment had an open concept layout. Our family room, office, and dining room were all in the same space. I didn't mind having the family and dining room in the same space, but the "office" was a sore thumb sticking out. Not to mention there really wasn't a place to store and organize papers, bills, and whatnot. I love that our new place has a room for EACH, a family room, dining room, and spare bedroom that we're using as an office. Even though we do live in an apartment, the separation of rooms definitely makes it feel more like a home.

Today's spotlight is the dining room. It is the most elegant room of our home. I LOVE the paint color- it goes perfectly with our dark wood furniture and gives the room a very warm, cozy feel.

I decided I didn't want to wait for the cooler weather to roll in before setting up my fall decorations.









I had no clue that I was going to love this rusty, orangey color so much! Everything works so well together, I love it! I still want to add a few things to the room. I'm sure you noticed the hideous light fixture; that has got to go. I also want to add curtains, most likely a shade of green. The other walls are empty, so I will be hanging candle wall art. Other than that, it's perfect!

Which room is your elegant room of the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment