Saturday, November 21, 2009

Today's Update: Our Thanksgiving Menu

I am very excited. Very excited to be hosting and cooking my FIRST Thanksgiving!! Since the hubbs and I can't fly down to Miami for both Christmas and Thanksgiving, we chose Christmas. When our lovely best friends found out about this, they immediately decided they were coming to see us for Thanksgiving.

I am beyond grateful.

So! After much debate over the menu, we have finally decided on what to serve! I insisted on having all the traditions; I don't care if it's just going to be the four of us, we'll have plenty to eat the rest of the week! As far as desserts she can tell you that I went back and forth for weeks until I settled on serving only two, not three.

Our Thanksgiving Menu

Main Course

-Maple Glazed Turkey
-Maple Sweet Potatoes
-Apple & Cranberry Stuffing
-Buttery Corn on the Cob
-Homemade Cornbread
-Sweet Cranberry Sauce
-Mushroom & Parsley Gravy

Dessert
-Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
-White Chocolate Cranberry Bars

Ahhh!! I am soo excited!! I hope everything turns out well as I have NEVER made a turkey, or sweet potatoes! I have been preparing by reading other blogs and watching plenty of episodes on the Food Network. I'll let you know how it goes!

How are your Thanksgiving plans coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment