Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today's Purchases: Christmas Presents!!

I'm extremely excited for Christmas. Not so much the decorating aspect, and that's only because I've exhausted myself with the Fall/Halloween decor in the house. Don't worry, this won't last very long.

I am really excited for the baking, cooking, and time I'll finally be able to spend with my family. The hubbs and I are flying down to Miami for Christmas and we'll be there for quite a few days. I am a bit envious of all of you who will be waking up to a white Christmas while I am suffocating in 85 degree weather. No, trust me, you don't want to trade! It does NOT feel like Christmas!

Anyhow, just because I'm not ready to redesign my home for the Holiday season, that doesn't mean I haven't started to buy anything. I contradict myself, I know. I've already purchased white lights to string around the house, the peace sign from the post below, and little hanging Santa's and reindeers for our TV shelfs. They are so cute.

I continued my Christmas shopping today! I went to Marshall's and Old Navy while the hubbs was in his laboratory cutting open a human hand. Eww. I could never be a doctor. I managed to cross off a few people, only to be discouraged at Marshall's. Every now and then I'll manage to score an awesome find, but most of the time, I end up second guessing myself and questioning whether it really is a good bargain. I walked out with nothing after having spent a good forty-five minutes staring at the torn, ripped, discarded toys in the children's section. Oh well.

My favorite purchase of the day had to be for the hubbs. I bought him a very nice jacket at Old Navy, (50% all outerwear this week) while I made mental notes of what I want for Christmas. Coming from Miami we really don't have a winter wardrobe, so I'd like to get lots of sweaters, boots, and jackets. As well as a crockpot. :)

Just because I can, here's a look at what I want for Christmas!



Nice, cozy sweaters.



I LOVE anything in white.



And just for fun...they look so comfy! Don't worry, I'll only wear them in the house. :)




Have you thought about what you want for Christmas this year? Have you started your Christmas shopping? What are you waiting for! It'll be here before you know it. :)

2 comments: