Friday, November 6, 2009

Today's Random Ramblings: Friday

In an effort to keep myself writing everyday, I'm going to be adding more to this blog. I've seen several blogs listing random thoughts and I like that idea. I don't want to have a separate blog just for ramblings, so I'll be incorporating different aspects of my life into this one. It is after all about our new home and sharing about our new lives feels appropriate. Enjoy!

1. I'm already thinking about Christmas. I've got my Christmas list written down and I'm searching the ads in the paper every Sunday, hoping to find something for someone on my list. I've already gotten something for my Mom, grandmother, sister-in-law, and mother-in-law. I hate getting people just one gift, especially these people in my life, so I might get them all an extra something.

2. One of my aspirations in life is to write a book. I've started to write what I would call a memoir. 20 pages in. I hope I can keep it up!

3. Another note about Christmas- I'm making my own Christmas cards this year. It's so much fun! My Cricut makes it even easier.

4. I can't wait for our besties to arrive for Thanksgiving. I'm planning a huge feast for them! We're going to have leftovers for weeks.

5. Despite the fact that I have been dead-set against substituting, I'm filling out the substitute application. I applied to a three-month maternity leave position as well. It's in my field, so I would LOVE to get it!

6. I miss Miami's hustle and bustle. I miss Cuban food. I miss waking up to beautiful, sunny days and summer thunderstorms. I miss my parent's house, my in-law's house. I miss my Grandmother's cooking. The hubbs and I have already demanded loads of Cuban food and trips to Moon, our favorite sushi restaurant. I can't WAIT!

7. My husband and I have become obsessed with apples. I made pork tenderloin the other night and garnished it with apples, after watching Rachel Ray do this on her show. It. Was. So. Good! You can find the recipe here.

8. I LOVE food blogs. If you've got one, leave me a comment!

9. I love my new home.

What would you like to share?

1 comment:

  1. I kind of envy you being ready for Christmas. I'm sooooooo far from ready it's not even funny. I'm not ready for Thanksgiving either.

    ReplyDelete