Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today's Thoughts: My Family

It's been a month since we officially arrived in Michigan and I haven't had a moment where I am hit with the fact that I really miss my family, until today. It's always the simple little things that make me think of my Mom or my Dad. The other day when I was in Kohl's returning my frames I was behind a woman talking on her cell phone to her daughter. She was telling her daughter that she would be coming to pick her up soon and that they could to lunch together if she was hungry. After I exchanged my frames I passed through the woman's clothing section. I saw several outfits that I instantly reminded me of my Mom. Today I was in my car listening to Coldplay. My Dad loooves Coldplay and the song that I chose for my wedding video was playing. Instant tear-jerker moment.

It's the first week of school in Miami. My Mom has gone back to work along with all of my old co-workers. My brother also started college this week. A part of me misses the days when he would burst into my room and tell me me everything he's excited about. My sister-in-laws are back in school and writing about their classes on Facebook. I miss everyone and I can't wait to see them.

Mom



Dad


My Brother's Graduation Day



My Mother-in-law & Sisters-in-law

No comments:

Post a Comment