Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today's Decor: Christmas in the Living Room

It is my dream to live in a huge two-story house. I'd decorate the banister with lightened garlands and hang dozens of lights outside. I'll have three Christmas trees; one in the family room, living room, and dining room. Or kitchen, depending on the layout of the house. There will be all kinds of Christmas goodies in bowls; red & green M&M's, frosted sugar cookies, and peppermint candy canes.

For now, we live in an apartment. There is no banister for me to decorate. Our front porch does not have any outlets, so I can't hang Christmas lights. We have one tree in the living room. The kitchen, while a good size for an apartment, is much too small to display numerous bowls of Christmas goodies.

But I make do! One day I will have that glorious house. In the meantime, I'll dream of how it will be decorated.

I love Christmas and I love decorating for Christmas. We don't have much as last year was our first Christmas together and this year I am out of a job. Couldn't add to our collection! The dining room is seriously lacking- that will be my project for next year. The best room in the house is the living room, with the fireplace and Christmas tree all decked out.



Our mantle, my favorite spot.



These little guys hang on our TV towers.



Breakfast Bar





Our Tree!!



I love snowflakes, hence the snowflake theme for our tree. I think I'm going to give the tree more of a color scheme next year. Gotta add some red in there. The whites and silvers are blending in too much. You know where I'll be the day after Christmas. Clearance!!! :)


How's your Christmas decor coming along?

1 comment:

  1. It's all so sweet, and your snowman place mats are precious!

    My favorite part is how your mantle looks all lit-up. It really builds that Christmas-y excitement! You've done such a lovely job, as always.

    P.S. Your stockings spell out my initials-- as well as Santa's! ;)

    ReplyDelete