Friday, October 23, 2009

Today's Update: The Front Door

I can't say it enough: I Love Fall. After not having a real fall for the past 23 years, it's an entirely new experience for us. I've loved watching the trees in our backyard go from a dark green, to a light green, pale green, yellow, and red. I've loved the gradual change in the temperature, dropping down to the 50's and 40's. I've also loved shopping for my new wardrobe; never owned a wool coat, pair of Uggs, or down jacket until now.

I've already shown you my front porch area. We've got pumpkins, bats, and spiders tacked on to the front door and a cute pumpkin welcome sign. But something has been missing!

Pumpkins!

I HAVE to have pumpkins outside our front door. It was a tradition for my Mom and I to buy a pumpkin every year at the supermarket.... but hello, I live in Michigan now. I can pick my own pumpkins at a pumpkin patch!

Allow me to share with you our trip to Berry Hill Farm this past weekend.


Our scenic drive to the farm.


Real Pumpkins!!! Growing out of the ground! Amazing to me.


We replaced the pumpkins in our wheelbarrow about a dozen times. Every time I came across a perfectly round, medium sized one, I wanted to take it. We ended up with four. :)


Kodak moment with the hubbs. Always a good sport!


And here's our door now!! Yay!!

Soon we'll be carving two of our pumpkins for Halloween. Check back to see what we come up with!


Have you been pumpkin picking lately? Have you already carved your jack-o-lantern? Share your stories with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment