Friday, February 12, 2010

Recent Updates & Purchases

Now that I'm starting to dream of Spring (I am so over Winter) I've been scouring the stores for fresh, clean decorative candles. I've wanted flameless candles for a very.long.time and I finally found them at HomeGoods for a GREAT price! I bought two pillars and a box of six flameless tealights. They are now displayed on my buffet server.






I've also been searching for the perfect calendar to hang in the kitchen. Now that I've found some things to do (tutoring, subbing, volunteering at workshops, yay!), I have the burning desire to write.it.all.down. It makes me feel busy, which I haven't felt in a very long time! I went to Borders first to take a little look-see. Ugly, tacky, half-naked girls graced the pages. No thanks! Even the cute puppy calendars just weren't doing it for me. I ended up finding this cutie at Meijer! It has tons of space for me to write in my oh.so.busy.life.schedule and I can rip off each page week by week. I love it.





And now that brings to me to my Valentine decor! I don't have much as I don't go all out for Valentine's Day as I do for Fall, Halloween, and Christmas. I just have a few touches of love.



The teddy bear was a gift from the hubbs last year and the live, laugh, love vases are from Target's dollar section (although they cost $2.99).



On the mantle I have our pillar candles from Fall but they're a perfect color for V-day. In the center are two little bears kissing. The frame all the way on the right says "LOVE" in block letters- hard to see in the picture.

And that's it! There are also V-day towels hanging in the kitchen and a heart wreath on the door-too cold and dark out there right now for me to take a picture!

Do you have any V-day decor to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment